Implementation Date : 2005.12.01
Revision Date : 2012.08.01
Review Date : 2012.08.01
Next Review : 2015.08
- identification: Yes
- validation: Yes. Format validation is based on the rules described in section 1.14 of JFIF 1.02 Action Plan Background.
- characterization: Yes. Extracted technical metadata are described in section 2.2 of JFIF 1.02 Action Plan Background.
- migration: TBD
- normalization: TBD
JFIF 1.02 exhibits the following raster image significant properties (note 1). They are the significant properties which the FDA intends to preserve when adopting migration policy in the future.
- content: Image width and image height.
- context: Creating application information.
- behavior: N/A
- structure: N/A
- appearance: X sampling frequency, Y sampling frequency, samples per pixel, bits per sample and extra samples.
Long-term Preservation Strategy
Long-term Preservation Strategy for the original
Migrate to a successor format that shares the same essential and distinguishing characteristics as the JFIF format.