Implementation Date : 2005.12.01
Revision Date : 2012.08.01
Review Date : 2012.08
Next Review : 2015.08
- identification: Yes
- validation: Yes. Format validation is based on the rules described in section 1.14 of TIFF 6.0 Action Plan Background.
- characterization: Yes. Extracted technical metadata are described in section 2.2 of TIFF 6.0 Action Plan Background.
- migration: No.
- normalization: No.
TIFF 6.0 exhibits the following significant properties (note 1). They are the significant properties which the FDA intends to preserve when adopting migration policy in the future.
- content: Image width and image height.
- context: Creating application information.
- behavior: N/A
- structure: If a TIFF file contains multiple images, the sequence of the images in the TIFF file wil be preserved.
- appearance: X sampling frequency, Y sampling frequency, samples per pixel, bits per sample and extra samples.
Long-term Preservation Strategy
Long-term Preservation Strategy for the original
Migrate to newer TIFF revisions or to a format that shares the essential and distinguishing characteristics of the TIFF 6.0 specification.
1. InSPECT Project Document, “Significant Properties Testing Report: Raster Images”, March 15, 2009