Implementation Date : 2003.07.22
Revision Date : 2012.08.01
Review Date : 2012.08.01
Next Review : 2016.08
- identification: Yes, only markup declaration conforming to the plain text identification rules and the well-formedness rules defined in the XML 1.0 specification are identified as DTD.
- validation: Yes. DTD must conform to the validation rules specified in the XML 1.0 specification.
- characterization: Yes. Extracted technical metadata are described in section 2.2 of XML DTD action plan background.
- migration: No
- normalization: No
- content: All textual content will be preserved.
- context: N/A. DTD may contain definitions for storing contextual information. It does not contain the actual context.
- behavior: Constraints defined in DTD files will be preserved.
- structure: Document structures defined in DTD files will be preserved.
- appearance: N/A. DTD does not provide a way to specify how DTD documents may be displayed.
Long-term Preservation Strategy
Long-term Preservation Strategy for the original
Migrate to a newer version of XML DTD or to a different XML schema language when the XML DTD 1.0 format becomes unsupported by XML readers.
Long-term Preservation Strategy for the normalized